Today, the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) launches the fifth edition of its annual OIE Photo Competition, on the dedicated website: www.oiephotocompetition.com.
Paris, 15 February 2019 - The OIE will be holding its annual photo competition from 15 February to 15 April 2019. This edition presents several novelties such as a new homepage for the competition website, new judges and new prizes!
One of the Organisation’s major missions is to improve global animal health and welfare. Its photo competition is therefore geared at shedding new light, in a visual and creative manner, on the crucial importance of the work done to protect animal health and welfare worldwide through the implementation of OIE international Standards.
Photos that will catch the attention of the jury will be those that best depict from an artistic and descriptive point of view, the reality of the work carried out by animal health and welfare players.
Photos should highlight the human/animal interactions that characterise the activities of animal health and welfare professionals under the following themes:
- Animal disease surveillance, prevention and control. Photos could depict surveillance activities, vaccination campaigns, prophylaxis, and diagnostic tests, including interaction between wildlife (birds, rodents, etc), environment and livestock.
- Animal welfare. Photos could illustrate transport of animals, stray dog management, working animals, and other topics addressed in the OIE welfare standards’ chapters.
- Animal production systems. Photos could demonstrate familial, extensive or intensive farming systems, as well as transhumance, pastoralism systems, etc, with when possible a special spotlight on sustainable practices.
- Aquatic animal health and production systems. Photos could show farmed fishing systems, amphibians, crustaceans, farmed fish, molluscs and their products.
- One Health. Photos could depict the essential link between human and animal health and the ecosystem in which they co-exist.
- Veterinary education. Photos could illustrate young students in practice/ training, veterinary education establishments and facilities etc.
2019 OIE PHOTO COMPETITION CATEGORIES
The OIE is pleased to announce the categories of its photo competition:
- "OIE Global Network” which consists, but is not limited to, OIE Delegates and National Focal Points and veterinarians.
- The “Veterinary Students Category” is open to all concerned students studying in one of the 182 OIE Member Countries.
2019 OIE PHOTO COMPETITION PRIZES
1. Regional Prizes
A winner from either the Professionals or Veterinary Students categories will be chosen from each of the OIE regions:
- Regional Africa Prize
- Regional Americas Prize
- Regional Asia and Pacific Prize
- Regional Europe Prize
- Regional Middle East Prize
Each prizewinner will receive the sum of €800.
2. Global Prize
A winner will be chosen from the entries submitted by participants in both the Professionals and Veterinary students categories:
- Professionals category
- Veterinary Students category
Each prizewinner will receive the sum of €1,500.
- کد خبر: ٦٧١٣/
- ١٤:٠٨ - 1397/12/03/
- تعداد بازدید: 151